Monday, 23 September 2013

Zentangle Master piece !

What is Zentangle I hear you say?

 Zentangle... an easy to learn and relaxing method of creating beautiful images from repetitive patterns originally  created by Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts. They believe that life is an art form and that Zentangle is a perfect metaphor for deliberate artistry in life. To learn about Maria Thomas and Rick Roberts please visit at www.zentangle.com.






When I first found Zentangle I thought I would give it at try and I have to admit I found this quite addictive,  And completed a whole sketchbook of designs and its surprising how well repetitive patterns can look once fully completed. To those of you who enjoy art and creativity but are not the best artists in the world should also give this a try because you would be surprised in how well you will be able to create a zentangle masterpiece. For the less experienced readers try firstly creating your zentangle on 1cm squared paper, as it is a lot easier to create and helps you map out each pattern equally.


I know that some of the pictures above look easy, but surprisingly without the squared paper can be quite hard so I advise trying out slightly easier patterns first.  I decided to try some of these patterns in my art, and when I started to get the hang of this I moved away from the squared patterns and made many all different shapes and sizes. For me being a painter and a drawer this opened me up to the use of pen and ink and worked nicely with my current work.  For my smaller Zentangles I created the patterns with Stablio Classic Point 88 Fine line pen black 88/46 which are nice and cheap and can get them from almost anywhere ! Below more examples of Zentangle Masterpieces  ( Not my work).

 





As mentioned before I would class myself more as a painter, so what I wanted to try was introducing zentangle in to my work to see if this work well together or be a disaster, I'll leave it to your judgement! Below a couple of examples of some work that I created with the use of zentangles, all just practice work of course but very enjoyable! 



No comments:

Post a Comment